Friday, December 28, 2007

Let the Adventure Begin

After 16 hours in airports and on planes we, (Paul and Sue Frazier and I ) made it safely to Maturin, without any problems!!! Praise the Lord - another american guy who was on all the same flights as us had a PS2, gifts, and clothing stolen from his suitcase. My suitcases weren't even touched - still neatly packed just as I had left them. It was most exhusting sitting in Caracas airport for 5.5 hours waiting for our flight to Maturin. Everything went smoothly though. Practiced some patience. The whole 'latin time' where flights are supposed to board at 10am and don't board until 12.. . . . . (:o) On the flight from Caracas to Maturin I couldn't even keep my eyes open!!!
The city has changed a lot, airport really nice. Church beautiful, classroom buildings are nice - I will get pictures up later.. I will be staying with Pastor Casto and Marlene at first and they live on the church property. Marlene told me today that I will be teaching English for preschool - 3rd graders and most likely from preschool - 6th grade. Classes begin on the 7th of Jan.. So I have a lot of lesson planning and preparing to do before then. I have wireless internet working here at Pastor Casto's house, an airconditioned room, running water. There is a change of address for sending stuff to me. You should send it here:
Heidi Hoover
C/O Dr. Casto Rojas
Transversal 7 entre 5 y 6
Brisas del Aeropuerto
Maturin, Monagas, Venezuela

I should be getting a pre-paid cell phone dealio tomorrow to be able to communicate when necessary - when I get that all set up I will send along the number. I have been told that it is cheaper for me to call to the United states than it is for you to call down to Venezuela.. I am going to 'descansar' rest a little bit.. I don't know what else they have planned for me today.. :o) I am doing well. I arrived safe and sound. Thanks so much for your prayers. Your support. I couldn't be here with out you. You all are awesome! Take Care. God Bless..

No comments: