Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sorpresa!

It's been awhile again since I have written. My time keeps filling faster and faster and more things, My schedule is more full.. Church, Seminary, teaching classes, tuesdays - cell group of teenage girls, classes, wed Punta de Mata - working with children, classes, thrusday 'free', friday work with children, and youth at Sabana Grande, saturday work with children at La Toscana. Not counting time to plan lessons, plan children's programs, etc.. clean the house, cook food, take care of the care, clean my room.... Here in Venezuela everything takes longer then in the States - it is a processes. Nothing is 'easily' accessible. It took a 1/2 day to find a place to repair a tire, and they have to order the tire we need from a distributor and won't have the car actually fixed until tuesday - that is if everything goes well!! I am realizing I am not as patient, or flexible as I thought.. I need a different kind of patience and flexibility. Everything here is based on relationships, not tasks - accomplishing the tasks, planning the tasks - it's just wing it, the relationships and time talking is more important. At times that is hard for me b/c I feel like I need to plan and be well prepared in order for me to give my best, so I feel like I am not doing my best b/c I do not have enough time to plan or prepare. It's challenging. Slowly, I will easy into I think.
What has been going on in my life? Well, Yes Tuesday the 4th was my birthday. 1st birthday in a different country, I received many text messages, and greetings.. I had good day over all.. A hard day b/c it was different.. but good. I was ready for the day to be over and they had a surprise party for me. I was very overwhelmed, but grateful for the friends who wanted the best for my birthday!
I am getting along well with Lori, the missionary who is here to help me, guide me, show me the ropes, be my ministry partner. We usually split the work 50/50 if someone is having a rough day the other takes over. I have learned alot, she is a very outgoing, center of attention person and well I'm the opposite and so I let her take over a lot.. Maybe I should take initiative more times. I still have time though - just taking things one step at a time. I need to learn a lot more children's songs in spanish, childrens activities, and stories. Fun things to do with limited resources!! Any ideas, materials - PLEASE send them my way!
God still teaching me alot.. About myself, about himself, and about the work he as for me! I have a lot in me I need to change still. It's all a process - Still reminded of the importance to spending time daily with Him - He is my source of strength and if I don't tap into the source, I have nothing to give. I have attitudes, perspectives, and other things I need to change... Culture shock, clashes, that I need to get over, get through. Confidence to build.
No, adventures lately. I am doing well. Things are going well. Just very busy right now. I hope all is well... Sent me notes, messages, a line to let me hear from you, know how you are, what's going on... Take Care.. God Bless.. I love you all.. Miss you all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greeting's from INDY! I miss you and I'm glad to see you FINALMENTE got time to update, aye carumba!!! LOVE YOU, Hermanita! (I can do spanglish too!!)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud... my "little" sisters can do spanglish....

Glad you are staying busy and doing work it sounds like you enjoy.
I got a new kitty for easter.. I will email you a picture when Patrick gets around to putting them on the computer. If I remember correctly you loooove cats ;)

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Just a note of encouragement and to say you are in our prayers.

Hold fast and keep your gaze fixed on Him. Serve wholehearted to the glory of God.

Praying here for you there.
God bless!