Monday, July 7, 2008

Forgive me, for not updating.

As a now look at the date, I see it has been a good month since I have updated. Please don't think I have forgotten about all of you, or forgotten English, or anything. To tell you the truth, I have been busy, my life in many ways has been a roller coaster, not know where I was going to be from day to day. God testing me, trying me, probing me, breaking my heart, testing further my obedience, and my dedication to Him. In His mysterious ways, confirming that He has called me here, and no one can revoke the call he has placed on my life.
Recovering from the shock of we are moving you, no you are staying, I enter into a new level of shock and insecurity, as one night while we are sleeping robbers break into our garage, climb the fence, break into our car and steal our system from the car. Sure, it was a decent cd player, system, that's not the part that bothers me, what bothers / bothered me is the fact that they broke in so easily and the insecurity!!! Friday night, our next door neighbors are robbed as they are entering their house, they are held at gun point, demanded to give them all their money and any firearms that were in the house. More insecurity.
Strange as it sounds, this is part of the culture here, life here, it happens so often and police don't do anythign about it here. Part of my learning, missionary experience here is learning this part of life, learning that the only security comes from faith, and trusting every minute of your life to God. Trusting that every step of you take is in God's hands, lead and directed by Him. Tough lessons, strong lessons for me. Things for me to overcome, things to help me grow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

take care of yourself! we miss you!!