Saturday, September 13, 2008

. . . Caracas . . .

I forgot to mention that our team consisted of Jose, Jhonmar (Jose's brother), and Luis Guillermo. 3 guys and myself, the only girl. We arrived at the church and were greeted by youth and families from the church. They already had our night planned because it was the birthday of one of the girls from the youth group!! We ate an arepa and headed off to the house. I was kinda tired from the bus ride. For the most part felt okay. We had a time of worship and sharing the word in this house and the only thing I could do was cry. Through out the entire week, everytime I was in the presence of God, the only thing I could do was cry. God changing my heart, working in my character, and my love for Him. The week was filled with prayer, fasting, evangelism, house visits, evangelism, arepas, pasta, arepas, pasta, arepas and more pasta. It was a time were God called me farther out of my comfort zone,to pray with people, to bring a word of encouragement to people. The leaders in Caracas asked me to pray, to give a word. God glorified himself. Most of all changed my heart toward Caracas, and Venezuela. . . gave me more of a passion, more desire to pray, and to be in communion with God. To end the trip we had a little connection to attend a Jesus Adrian Romero Concert - an amazing worship leader!!
WEEK FOUR: Arriving back from Caracas monday morning, resting a little, wednesday work with childrens ministries, thrusday I'm asked to help with a children's camp, helping with planning and preparations for childrens camp. Friday same, and seminar to attend about finances and leadership and childrens ministry to lead. . . Began problems with electricity here in the entire country, where the electricity will go out randomly for minutes, to hours. .
WEEK FIVE: Monday first day of children's camp - my job to be incharge of the 5 year olds. Lead the class, the crafts, and stay with the 5 year olds. No one shows up for the welcome, songs, to start - kids are running in the sanctuary, being kids. I lead games and songs as intro, divided into the classes, gave the class, in the afternoon they asked me to lead games and recreation, . . . . following day. . . . all over again I became 'in charge' of everything. . . . At the end of 2 full days working with kids I was exhausted!!! Wednesday work with childrens ministry, thrusday arrived a Pastor and his son from the United states, and Friday began Missions conference. Thrusday - Monday, spent just about all day every day translating!!!!!!!!!!!! Through all of this God is showing me how he wants to use me, He wants me to step up and allow Himself to work through me. The gentle reminder that I am just a tool that God wants to use, I am just clay in the potters hands. If I allow God to use me, if I forget about myself, my gifts and talents, my fears, and weaknesses and just let God use me how He wants to, He receives the Glory and the Honor. . . That's how our lives should be.

No comments: