Sunday, January 27, 2008

23 de Enero

I wanted to share a little about my visit to one of the new churches here near Maturin - 23 de Enero. Paul took me up there to look at some construction projects but I went just to know the area, see the church, even though I am not going to be working specifically with this church. While I was up there I played with the kids that were at the church. I asked them what they liked to do, they were telling me about shows they liked to watch on t.v. One boy about 10 years old, started going on, and on about this movie he liked with cars, racing and ramping and then was like another movie that I saw was about this widow and her son was dying and a prophet came and told the widow her son wouldn't die and asked for something to drink and eat, and she didn't have anything, but the prophet told her to make bread and you will not run out of flour and oil. . . I was like wow - he was so excited about this story, saying how cool it was!! And then continued to tell of another movie that was awesome - about Noah and the ark. It was really cool to see the excitment and energy of this boy telling, loving, stories from the Bible!

This is the church - up in the mountains about 45 minutes from Maturin.

These are some of the kids that live right across from the church!!

No comments: