Sunday, January 27, 2008

Retiro!

This Friday and Saturday Paul, Sue, Lori, and I went with teachers and staff from the school to a beach house for a retreat! It took like 5 hours on a bus to get there, b/c we had to stop 3 times but it was beautiful. It was a great time to meet and get to know other teachers and staff from the school and build unity with in the staff. We played games, went swimming and had 2 services - with songs and a message. All of which were great, and encouragement to me. Thinking of ways to help the school and help the students, gain students respect. I just have to love the students, take an interest in their needs first. The 1st message talked about that the model of a teacher, the best teacher there was was Jesus and Pastor Casto talked about the way Jesus taught.
The other message by Eliecer was also really good talking about committment, being committed to the work, and what it means to be committed. Challenging us to go deeper not just in our committment to God but to the school, students, and to each other. It was also a good time to meet and get to know Lori, the girl who is going to be working with me, teaching me, showing me around for 4 months here. It was really good... I will post some pictures when I get them downloaded on my computer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have had some high ups and some downs. It is good to hear you are meeting people and starting to buld relationships. If I remember correctly that was always rough on you. The preschoolers sound like a lot of fun. Must be nice to be outside swimming....it is so cold and windy here today that I could have used my puppy as a kite.
You will do well translating I am certian of it. Keep up the good attitude and enjoying doing what you feel called to do.
Love you
Susie