Friday, January 18, 2008

Mi Casa es Su Casa!!

I now have 2 weeks of school under my belt. Learning more. Classes going smoother each time. Realizing how much schedules change and fluxuate. A 'normal' schedule is now I have 1/2 of the class for a full hour teaching English and the other 1/2 of the class has music for that hour. Next week the groups will switch. So really I will only see students every other week in class - makes planning easy 1 lesson plan for 2 weeks - but an hour is a long time for elementary students and their attention span etc!! The students are warming up to me and it's going well.
I have wireless internet in my house now, hence the updates! Wednesday afternoon I drove for the first time here in Venezuela and well I only drove maybe a quarter mile from the mechanic's house to my house. I can handle that much. Thursday I drove from my house to the church for work (about a mile) and that was okay too, not much traffic!! I have to learn the roads mostly for where the HOLES are. There are more holes then there is road!!
I am all settled in for the most part here at the house. I feel comfortable and at home. Getting to know the neighbors better - this is my new house and street. . . The church of Parquicito - Los Diez Mandimientos is 2 houses down from me.



And the car that I will be driving - taking care off - all that....


Now, the inside of the house - I don't know if you can see this picture very well but this is our living room - with yes furniture!! And then the following pictures are of my room and our bathroom - (Lori and mine)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I recognize some of that stuff! haha! Glad things are going well and you're getting settled! I miss you!
Love and Prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for doing so well!!! I hope things continue to go GREAT.

So is this your very own house? Or are you staying with someone?

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I am glad to hear you are settling in I bet emily misses some of the stuff that she recognizes.
Good luck with the attention spans. If it makes you feel any better I think college students attention spands are just as bad...
Love ya
Susie